Cooling tower structure
- 1. Mechanical Driving Equipment
Motor is out of air stream with single speed reduction speed reducer equipped with high-strength V-belt with adjustable tension machanism. Speed suducer is designed with FRP cover preventing contact with warm and moist air exhaust from tower.
- 2. Fan
It is specially design wide-span, streamed-line, adjuatable axial fan blode so it is able to acquire large air volume under low revolution speed. Air guiding cover is equipped under fan hub to prevent re-circulation of hot air, render smooth operation and increase efficiency.
- 3. Fan Stack
Rigid FRP fan stack providing secured fan operation and smooth circulation of air.
- 4. Hot Water Basin
Gravity tpe water distribution system, hot water basin is constructed of FRP material with robust design. Hot water is evenly sprinkled over the filling by metering orifice. This gravity type water distribution system requires less pump head than the traditional sprinkler head or nozzles.
- 5. Filling and drift Eliminator
Vacuum-formed PVC rigid filling with embedded drift eliminator design provide increased heat tranfer area and efficiency. New filling pattern slows down hot water from falling into cold water basin, and therefore increases the heat tranfer efficiency. integral type drift eliminator limits the drift loss to less than 0.005% of the circulating water flow rate and yet provides sufficient maintenance space space inside cooling tower plenum.
- 6. Casing and partition
Constructed of anti-corrosive FRP material, bobust, weather proof, and anti-deformation. Casing panel is designed for easy handling, assembly, and harmonize with building architecture. Optional cell partition is also constructed of FRP material, it allows each cell to operate independently.
- 7. Access Door
Constructed of anti-corrosive FRP material. It Provides convenient access for inspection, maintenance and repairs.
- 8. Cold Water Basin
Constructed of FRP anti-corrosive FRP material. LEC cold water basin is composed of lesser pieces of FRP panels with less joints that require fiberglass over-lay, thereforre, it is ideal for leak free operation.
- 9. Tower Structural Frame Work
LEC revolutionizes the steel structural frame work of the traditional cross flow cooling tower by simplifying the tower frame work but yet maintain strength. The tower structural frame work is constructed of hot-dip galvanized steel, robust and free of rust. The new structural frame work design provides ease of handing and assembly.
Recommened Installation area
1. A drafty site is needed for installation.
2. The installation site should be distant from places that are full of dust and acid air.
3. The location should keep aloof from chimney or other heat source areas.
4. Enough space should be made for connection of pipe to main machine.
5. Be sure to keep the tower vertically when installing it, the anchor bolt and steel support of water basin should be locked closely.
6. In design, the air will be sucked in through inlet louver into the tower so the proper distance between louvers and surrounding objects should be kept to avoid air deficiency due to the excessive resistance.
*Please refer to table for the details
|100-125||More than 2.0 M|
|150-200||More than 2.5 M|
|225-350||More than 3.0 M|
|400-600||More than 3.5 M|
|700-800||More than 4.0 M|
|900-1500||More than 5.0 M|
make up water
The calculation of make-up water
The gradual loss of circulation water during operation is caused by the following factors :
- During the heat exchange contact of cold air and hot water part of water will be transferred into vapor flowing out of the cooling tower.
- In the situation od large air volume, part of gravitating water will be carried out of the cooling tower due to the cold air being driven by mechanical power (motor and fan)
- When the water is cirulating fo rsame long time, the concentration of solids will increase and water quality will be affected by the grawth of scales so that part of water should be let out and replaced with fresh water.
- 1. The calculation formula of evaporation loss
E = Q / 600 = (T2 - T2 ) / 600 x L
*E = Evaporation water (Kg/h)
*Q = Heat load (Kcal/h)
*600 = Water evaporation heat (Kcal/h)
*T1 = Inlet water temperature (°C)
*T2 = Outlet water temperature (°C)
*L = Circulating water flow (Kg/h)
- 2. The loss of carry over.
The loss of carry-over depends on the design of cooling, velocity, etc. Generally speaking the loss is equal to 0.1% to 0.3% circulation water.
- 3. The loss of regular blow-down
To decrase the loss of regular blow-down, please follow the procesures below:
- The drain on cold water basin should be opened a little bit when the cooling tower is in operation.
- The operational water level should be increased tolet the water anytime flow out of the overflow outlet
- The water in the cold water basin and pipes should be replaced seasonally. The loss of regular blow-down is determined by the water quality and its concentration of solids. Generally, the loss is about 0.3% of circulating.
- 4. Make-up water
The total make-up water of cirlating water is equal to :
M = E + C + D
M = Make-up water
E = Evaporation loss
C = Carry-over
D = Regular blow-down loss
when the cooling tower is rigged on air conditioner, its cooling range is set up at 5 °C in this case, The make-up water needed for cooling tower is about 2% of circulation water.